Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Taking Risk

Topic for today... Taking Risk! Every decision we make in our daily life (be it personal, family, education, career, community, investment etc) has risk attached. Risk is the uncertainty of your chosen action/activity will lead to a satisfactory outcome or an unexpected loss.Well, even if we do decide not to proceed, there is still an element of risk involved. Agree?

I would consider myself as risk taker (definitely high risk!). I am sure most of you will agree and don't need further justification. My take on this, you'll never know if you never try. What have you got to lose? If I fail, I cant still walk with my head up and proudly say "I did try! Did you?". As the Malaysians would say "U ada??"

Don't get me wrong! I am not suggesting you take risk blindly. If someone tell you to jump off a cliff, don't just jump la. You have 2 options; use tools that can reduce the risk of failure  (abseiling with harness and strong rope, skydive with a parachute or paraglide your way down. Option 2 - tell the person "You jump, I jump". Don't be a fool. Take calculated risk!

Keep Calm and Enjoy Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment